The second thing you need to do in the process of starting your travel rehab and therapy career is determine where you want to work. Just as figuring out why you want to travel will play an important role in a lot of the future decisions you will make as a traveling therapist (regarding your career), so will where you want to go.
Here are some basic questions you can ask yourself to help determine where you want to go:
- Are you interested in travel for travel’s sake?
- Are you looking to get back close to family or friends?
- Are there certain facilities you want to work in?
- Do you have a favorite sports team you want to work near so you can see all the home games?
- Do you have a hobby that can only be done in a certain part of the country? Like lighthouse tours? Or mountain climbing?
Here are some good websites to help you out too:
The choices are limitless, there are open rehab and therapy jobs all across the country so take some time to evaluate where you are in regards to this step and keep an eye out for the next installment of “Your Travel Therapy Career Step-by-Step”, where we will look at how long you want to be a travel therapist.