Before you start out in your travel therapy career you need to evaluate exactly why you want to travel and what you hope to get out of it.
- Do you want to make more money?
- Are you trying to gain more experience to start your own practice someday?
- Do you want to broaden the kind of patients you work with?
- Are you looking for a change of pace?
- Do you want to improve your current skills? Be exposed to new ones?
- Are you interested in meeting new people?
- Intrigued by new places?
- Just need an adventure before you settle down?
- Need an adventure now that the kids are in college?
Whatever your reasons are for choosing a travel rehab career it is important to know them going because they will guide many of the decisions you will have to make about the assignments you take and other key decisions as you move further in the travel rehab job process.
About the Author
My name is Jeff Long. I’m the Marketing Manager at Medical Solutions. I am not a physical therapist (I have been a physical therapy patient plenty though) and am not a recruiter. I have worked at Medical Solutions for four years and think it is a great travel physical therapy company
that has a lot to offer physical therapists and PTAs interested in a travel career.
I do post travel physical therapy jobs from Medical Solutions on this site, and write about travel physical therapy
, but you will not be recruited on this blog (unless you specifically inquire about traveling with Medical Solutions then I will forward your info to a Career Consultant). I understand that you are reading and/or commenting on this blog purely for informational purposes and I want you to enjoy that experience My job is to help you meet your career goals by sharing information, advice and the benefits of a travel therapy career with you.