A lot of travel therapists choose to stay close to home and take a local short-term contract instead of a more traditional travel therapy assignment in a new city, which lets them stay close to their friends and family. But for those that choose to take a 13 week travel therapy assignment in a new city the great the travel therapy road trip awaits them.
A road trip in the model of a college road trip to your travel therapy job is probably not a good idea, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be one of the best parts of your assignment. With a little time and planning your road trip can be full of adventure, stories and cheesy tourist traps.
Here are two road trip resources we have found for you to plan your trip.
Road Trip America.com, which offers tools like:
- A Fuel Cost Calculator
- The Great American Road Trip Forum
- Routes, Destinations, Events & Road Food Articles
- Equipment, Driving & Preparation Tips
- Book & Map Recommendations and Audio Book Reviews
- Links to the Best Web Resources
- Tips for Renting an RV & Planning an RV Vacation
- Point, Click and Drive! – A collection of web based automated road trip planning programs
- And, Caution: Funny Signs Ahead
And RoadTripPlanning.com that provides:
- Car camping
- Road trip planner
- Driving directions
So don’t miss out on one of the best parts of a travel therapy assignment, take the time to have an awesome road trip.