One of the key things you will discover during your travel therapy career is that your recruiter is going to be a big part of your life from now on (or at least while you are traveling). They will help you find a job, housing, and basically just be there for you when you need them. Because of this, it is important that you are comfortable with them and trust them. So when you are talking to them take the time to interview them as well.
Here is a checklist of questions you can ask to get to know them better:
- How long have you been in the industry?
- How long have you been a recruiter?
- Will you be my recruiter the whole time I travel with your company?
- How many travelers do you work with currently?
- What is the traveler to recruiter ratio at your company?
- How many travelers are you allowed to work with?
- Tell me about yourself? Where did you go to college? Where are you from? Etc.
- How often will I hear from you?
- How will I hear from you? Email? Phone? Text? Etc.
- What makes you different than other recruiters?
- What do you do to help your travelers succeed?
- Why do you work for this company?
- What do you like about your company? Dislike?
- What’s your sign?
Remember, don’t be shy. This is your therpay career you are partially putting in their hands so it is important you are comfortable with the relationship.