In my last post I listed some questions you should ask your staffing agencies before you take a short-term contract rehab or therapy job to avoid a disastrous assignment. In this second post of the Ultimate Traveling Rehab & Therapy Questions we are looking at questions you should ask about the specifics of when you are on assignment.
Traveling Rehab & Therapy Questions List 2: On Assignment
- How many hours of my short-term contract are guaranteed?
- Are my hours guaranteed?
- Have other therapists worked at the facility before?
- Who do I talk to when I have problems with my short-term contract assignment?
- What type of faciltiy will I be working in during my short-term contract?
- What shifts will I work?
- Will I be required to be on-call? If so, what is the on-call pay?
- What about extensions?
- Is there a maximum amount of extensions allowed?
- What happens when I’m sick?
- Can I make up shifts?
- Can I extend my contract if I get sick?
Again, I am sure I didn’t get them all so help us build the ultimate list of Traveling Rehab & Therapy Questions by listing any questions you have found useful during your travel therapy and rehab careers.