Before you start out in your travel therapy career you need to evaluate exactly why you want to travel and what you hope to get out of it.
- Do you want to make more money?
- Are you trying to gain more experience to start your own practice someday?
- Do you want to broaden the kind of patients you work with?
- Are you looking for a change of pace?
- Do you want to improve your current skills? Be exposed to new ones?
- Are you interested in meeting new people?
- Intrigued by new places?
- Just need an adventure before you settle down?
- Need an adventure now that the kids are in college?
Whatever your reasons are for choosing a travel rehab career it is important to know them going because they will guide many of the decisions you will have to make about the assignments you take and other key decisions as you move further in the travel rehab job process.