Now that you have your paperwork in order and have done your research online to see what companies interest you, compared them to each other and matched that up with your goals, wants and needs for your travel physical therapy career, it is time to start applying with the top companies on your list.
Applying to travel therapy companies is usually done online, but you can also call in directly. In this step though, we will just look at applying online. We will cover calling in later in this Travel Physical Therapy Career Guide.
When you are applying online you basically have two choices.
- Apply to companies one at a time
- Use a company gateway site to apply to several companies at once
Both of these have their pros and cons, which we will cover next.
Applying to One Travel Physical Therapy Company at a Time
- This method keeps you in more control of how many companies are contacting you and have your information.
- This method also lets you be more selective in the companies you talk to.
- When you apply to one company at a time it will be a lengthier process for the simple fact that you have to visit multiple sites and put the same information on each company’s website.
- Another negative is that if none of the companies you talk to have a position you want or just don’t seem like a good fit, then you will have to broaden your search and start the process over again.
Using a Gateway Site to Apply to Several Travel Physical Therapy Companies at a Time
- Using a gateway site can save you time since you can complete a lot of information in one sitting and depending on the site you use, submit it to the companies of your choice.
- This option will save you the time of searching the Internet for companies to work with since they are all aggregated in these sites.
- Applying to a gateway site all but ensures that you will be contacted by all the companies paying for the site’s services if they do not have a company select option
- Gateway sites can also take longer to complete the required information than a travel physical therapy company’s website because their goal is to provide only the top matched candidates to the companies paying for the service.
- You will receive a lot of calls from recruiters and marketing efforts from companies once your information is passed on
Some Travel Therapy Gateway Sites are:
Regardless of the option you choose, be prepared to be contacted almost immediately and regularly once your info is submitted.
One final bit of advice to make whatever option you choose easier is to be sure to set up and utilize your “AutoFill” Google toolbar. It will make completing a lot of the basic info requested in on online apps less repetitive to fill out since you can do it with the click of a button.